Saturday 8 September 2012

First week down

Well my first week has come and gone with many highs and lows.  I have a pretty great group of Kindergartens this year and survived two whole days this week with zero tears. 

I found out today that I am losing my EA for the afternoons which is going to make life interesting getting kids ready to go at the end of the day.  Since we are in a temporary classroom we have no lockers, no boot room, so it's a little crazy at the end of the day getting everything from where it was stowed, plus we have to go out the high school doors so the kids have to be through the halls before the bell rings or they get trampled.

In my other life, I am settling into the swing of things.  This year I am teaching French (scary as I haven't done anything with French since university) but it surprising how much of it is coming back to me.  Most of my kids I taught last year so it's not much of a change or getting into routines as they all know mine. 

Today I'm happy to have been able to sleep in a bit and now I'm off to spend the day with my 3 amazing kids and try to get some sanity back in my house and tackle the laundry that has accumulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment